What are Pre Market, Intraday, Post Market?
Pre Market, Intraday and Post Market are terms to specify periods of trading activity.
- Pre Market: The period of trading activity that occurs before the regular market session.
- Intraday: The regular market session. The majority of trading activity for any given market day takes place in this period.
- Post Market: The period of trading activity that occurs after the regular market session.
Note: Alurts market data and trading activity is based on Eastern Standard Time.
– Pre-Market trading occurs between 4AM EST to 9:30AM EST
– Intraday trading occurs between 9:30AM EST to 4PM EST
– Post-Market trading occurs between 4PM EST to 8PM EST
What is an alert?
You receive an alert about a stock during Pre Market, Intraday, and Post Market periods when it moves according to Volume, Movement Threshold, and Minimum Movement.
- Movement Threshold: The percent increments you will be alerted by for the movement of all stocks.
- Volume: The minimum and/or maximum value when the stocks move.
- Minimum Movement: The percent that the stocks have to move from starting or lowest price of a given period before you get alerted.
What is a halt?
A halt is a temporary suspension of a security or securities, enacted and enforced by one or numerous exchanges for the duration of the suspension. A security halt is most often caused by rapid and irregular movement in stock price, when the stock price of a security moves outside a pre-determined price band long enough to halt the security. Halts commonly last around 5 minutes, however in some cases halts can last longer than 5 minutes. No trades will take place during the duration of a halt.